His Fate

Today I'd like to write a fanfiction from my favorite otome game : "Wizardess Heart." it is a game created by NTT Solmare corp and is a great game. So here's my fanfiction :) Hope you'll like it


“Yukiya… is that really you?!
“Why did you turn out into a … a … monster?!”
“Stay away from me! You’re not the Yukiya I know!”

Yukiya suddenly opened his eyes. He tried to control his breathing while his heart rate is beating fast.
“That nightmare…” He murmured. It was another same dream about his past. He remembered about the contract he made to save his family, but he had to sacrifice his soul in return.
He touched his eyepatch. He hate to wear it, but he hate it more to put it off. His left eye will make other students freak out so he had no choice but to wear this eyepatch.
He looked at his roommate. Elias was still sleeping soundly. Yukiya made a faint smile and went out of his bed. He didn’t feel like he would continue sleeping anyway. “Maybe a stroll around the school would be alright,” he wondered. Since tonight is still far from the full moon.
Slowly he put on his cloak and wore his shoes, when suddenly..
“Going somewhere?”
Surprised, Yukiya turned to find where the voice was coming from.
“You always surprise me,” he grumbled.
“And what right do you have for giving me orders?” the voice – which came from the wolf Yukiya always with.
“Whatever. I’m just taking a stroll.” Yukiya walked towards the door.
“At midnight? You’re breaking the rules? That’s new, coming from you.” The wolf walked closer to Yukiya.
“I’m not breaking the rules. It’s just a stroll.”
“Well, anyway, I’m coming too. Something interesting might happen.” The wolf smiled slyly.
Yukiya just shrugged and went outside the boys’ dorm, followed by the wolf.
***
“As always, you’re boring. You should’ve found someplace else more interesting.” Said the wolf, yawning.
“And what right do you have for giving me orders?” Yukiya responded. “I just like this place. You can leave if you feel bored.”
The wolf raised his eyes, but said nothing. He just laid on the grass and looked into the lake.
“Anyway, I’ve been wondering about this for such a long time,” Yukiya sat closer to the wolf. “May I ask you something?”
The wolf nodded.
“About the contract we made years ago… There’s no way to cancel it, right?”
The wolf nodded again.
“And the curse is going to be forever… Unless there’s a way to seal it. Am I right?”
“It is possible to do so, but it won’t be easy. Since our contract is a big one. The curse remains, of course. But it won’t affect you anymore.” Explained the wolf.
“But what about the soul inside you? Will the seal affect it?” asked Yukiya.
“I never thought about it… until you mention it now.” The wolf tilted his head. “I can’t be certain about the soul… since it was yours… but based on my thinking, sealing a curse doesn’t mean losing it, right?”
“Yes. So that means, the soul will remain?” Yukiya gave the conclusion.
“Probably,”
“But even Professor Randolph couldn’t cure it…” Yukiya’s hopeful face turned dark again. “Is it even possible to seal it?” He asked himself.
 ***
A year ago…
“So, you’re Yukiya Reizen?” asked the headmaster when a boy with an eyepatch stood in front of him.
“Yes, sir.”
“Now tell me, what problem do you have?”
“I want you to cure the curse I’ve been with for years,” Yukiya explained straightly. “You’re one of the Three Mages, so I’m sure that you’ll be able to help me.”
The headmaster looked at Yukiya and smiled sadly. “I’m sorry Yukiya, but I can’t.”
“You can’t?” Yukiya asked, shocked. “But how –“
“I didn’t say that you won’t be able to cure the curse. But I’m not the one who can free you from it.”
“But –“
“Listen Yukiya. Being a wizard doesn’t mean that he’s capable of everything. Sometimes, a novice wizard keeps a great power within him. You shouldn’t see things by their cover. You have to bear with the curse a little bit more until someone will be able to cure it for you. Understood?”
“So I have to wait until that time comes?” Yukiya asked, disappointed. He couldn’t imagine someone being more powerful than the headmaster. Or even, someone weaker than the headmaster who was able to cure his curse.
“I’m so sorry Yukiya.” The headmaster smiled sadly. “But I cannot force myself to help you.”
Yukiya nodded.
“And there is one more thing I have to tell you,” the headmaster turned serious.
“What is that?” Yukiya asked, leaning his back forward.
“Sometimes you feel pain when you used magic. I’ve seen that everytime you attend my class. The pain is only caused by one thing : yourself.”
“What was that supposed to mean?”
“It would be better if you’re able to find the answer by yourself, right?” the headmaster patted Yukiya on his back. “You may leave for now. I have many things to be done.”
***
“Who is that person the headmaster talked about?” Yukiya wondered. “And will he be able to seal my curse?” He touched his eyepatch again and sighed heavily.
The wolf just stared at him, said nothing.
“And why didn’t the headmaster do it by himself? I can’t believe that he cannot do it!”
“You’re such a rockhead,” finally the wolf spoke. “The headmaster, as far as I know, is the greatest wizard. He can do many powerful magics and is very skillful. But still, he’s a human. He must have a reason for not be able to seal the curse you have.”
Yukiya nodded. “I see …” he murmured. “But what did he meant by ‘the pain is only caused by yourself’? Does it mean that I cannot use magic at all since I’m a normal human?”
“Don’t ask me questions I don’t even know the answers.” Replied the wolf.
“You sounded like Luca.”
“..Yukiya?” suddenly a red haired woman appeared before Yukiya. Yukiya turned to look at her and smiled faintly. “Oh.. you. What are you doing here?”
“That’s the same question I’m about to ask you. What are you doing in the middle of the night?” The woman asked in a worried tone. “Got a problem?”
“You can say that.” Yukiya nodded curtly.
“About the curse? It’s not the full moon yet, anyway,” the woman looked up into the sky.
“Well actually…” Yukiya hesitated for a while, before saying. “I was wondering if there’s anyone who can cure – or seal – my curse.”
The woman raised her eyebrows. “What’s not possible?”
“So the headmaster wasn’t lying back then,”
“Why should he? He probably couldn’t do it himself, but someone else can.” The woman smiled at Yukiya, encouraging him.
“How did you know about that?” Yukiya asked her curiously.
“Well… If he’s capable of healing you, he’d do that immediately. Right?” Yukiya answered that with a slight nod.
“But I can’t imagine someone weaker than the headmaster who’s able to do it.” Yukiya continued. “Is that even possible?”
“Why not? Perhaps the person he was talking about is just a novice wizard, but he – or she – has a huge ability in healing. Who knows,” the woman shrugged. “That the person will be someone different than others.”
“What do you mean –“
“I’m sorry Yukiya, I must take my leave now. You should go back to the dorm too, and take a nice rest.” The woman quickly walked towards the Forbidden Forest and disappeared.
For a while Yukiya was just standing there, thinking. But suddenly he smiled a bit and mumbled, “Who knows.”
“What?” asked the wolf.
“Nothing, let’s get back to the dorm.” Yukiya turned his back and walked back to the dorm, followed by the wolf.



Comments